Living and Loving to Learn

Blog

Location Statement

I got my BA during the pandemic and never got graduations pictures. Getting my BEd I finally got my graduation pictures!

My name is Nicole McNeil and I recognize that I am located on the unceded territory of the Lheidli T’enneh where I live, learn, work and play. I am a university graduate, sister, daughter, partner, niece, friend and fur child owner. All of these things are a part of my every day life, and have contributed to who I am today. 

I have gone through many “phases” where I have been a different type of person in my shorts 24 years. I was an athlete, the party girl, the stay at home alone girl, the one who left her hometown, the girl that moved back home, the hiking girl, the girl who went to university, and now I am an educator. Without going through all of these different stages of my life, I would not have reached where I am today. Being an educator, a friend, a partner, a family member, and an adventurer, they all contribute to who I am in this exact moment of my life. These things are important to me because they define who I am and the values I have in my life. They also influence each other daily. My love for adventure coexists with hiking with my partner and family. Being a fur mom has taught me how to care and love for something that only knows happiness and love everyday. My love for education has influenced me to be a continuous learner and share that love of knowledge with others now. 

All of these matters because if one of these situations did not occur I would not be the person I am today. I would not be living this life, with these peoples and experiences that have contributed to my unique life.