Living and Loving to Learn

Standard 8

Educators contribute to the profession.

Throughout my practicum experience, I have been amazed by the range in which educators have shared their support, advice and resources. In all three of my practicums my coaching teachers have been so overly generous, as well as other educators and administrators who I have met along my journey. This has brought so much ease and comfort to me as a student teacher as I do not have to spend as much time or money stressing over resources and lesson ideas (reinventing the wheel as I was told) and using what is already out there. The sense of community that comes from teachers, supporting staff and administrators in schools has been so encouraging to know that I am entering into a profession where, when you need help and support there is no shortage of people around to do just that. 

Being new to this profession, I am so grateful for that support and I hoped that I would be able to share that generosity with them in some way. Fortunately, I had some resources that my coaching teachers in my practicums have found useful, and I was able to share with them! 

Some of my art projects, math manipulative for fractions and a skeleton body template for science were found of use to them! 

Fraction line math manipulative sample
The Longest Line Art w/ shape concepts
Stanley the Skeleton and his mini’s

It has been such a satisfying time to be a part of so many school communities that build on sharing and supporting each other. As I continue on in my teaching experience and aim to continue to share all the expertise, I have received so that I can be seen as a part of school communities and continue to be a contributor to the profession!